Ingredients: (adapted from whiteonricecouple.com)
1/2 cup butter, soften
3/4 cup sugar (for less sweet)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup ripe persimmon pulp
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground clove
1/2 cup raisins (optional)
3/4 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pistachio, cashew, of your choice)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line baking trays with parchment paper.
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs, followed by the fruit pulp and baking soda. Mix to combine.
3. In another large bowl, add and mix the following: flour, salt, ground spices. Add dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Stir in the nuts and raisin (if used).
4. Cover and chill dough for about 30 minutes.
5. Using two teaspoon, drop a spoonful of dough into baking tray, spacing each cookie 2 inch apart. Bake between 15-18 minutes until mixture set or light golden color. Remove and cool completely before serving.
|Persimmon, raisin, and nuts mixture|
|luscious Hachiya persimmons|
|Drying persimmon with used nylon stockings|