1 cup chopped Medjool dates, seeds removed
⅔ cup chopped pistachio nuts
½ cup goji berries
1 Tbsp. honey3 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. water
some milk for glazing
1⅔ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
4 Tbsp. cold water
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. In a small saucepan mix together dates, goji berries, lemon juice, and water and bring to a boil, over medium heat, stirring all the time. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Add honey and pistachio nuts to the mixture.
2. Place flour and butter into a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add just enough cold water to bind to a soft and pliable dough (the dough should not be sticky to the touch)
3. Remove dough and divide into two portions onto a floured surface. Roll into two 11-12 x 8-inch rectangles. Place one onto a baking sheet.
4. Spread the date and nut mixture in the center and outwards to about ½ inch around the edge. Cover the top with the other pastry. Press around the edge to seal, and mark the pastry into 12 slices, making sure the cut is not too deep, but just enough to separate them when baked. Brush top with milk. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes until golden brown. Cool on a wire tray.
5. Cut into slices and serve with tea. Store the rest in a container.