1 pack frozen short crust pastry, thawed
1 egg white, beaten
Tart pan(s) with removable bottom
pastry weights or beans
200 gm. white baking chocolate
450 gm. mascarpone cheese
5/8 cup whipping cream (150 ml)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Roll out pastry crust to about 1-inch thick, and carefully place onto tart pan. Trim excess pastry. Line pastry surface with aluminum foil and spread pastry weights on top.
3. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes until slightly brown. Remove paper weights and brush over the pastry and continue baking for another 10-15 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven set aside to cool.
4. To make the filling, break chocolate into small chunks. Place chocolate and half of the mascarpone cheese in a metal bowl over a pot of water simmering on medium low heat. Be sure that the water does not touch the bottom of the bowl. Stir the chocolate mixture with a wooden spoon until it is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
5. Pour the remaining mascarpone into the chocolate mixture. Beat with an electric beater on low speed until smooth. Fold and mix in the whipping cream.
6. Spoon mixture into the baked pastry shell. Chill for 5-6 hours until sets. Serve with fresh fruits if preferred.