Ingredients: (serves 2)
12 asparagus spears
2 ozs. thinly sliced pancetta
2 slices bread (whole wheat or rye)
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened
1 egg yolk
sea salt and pepper
1. Preheat grill or broiler. Bring a pot of water to boil and prepare a bowl of ice water on the side.
2. Cook eggs for 8 minutes (longer if you don't want a soft center) in boiling water, remove and place in ice water to cool. When cool enough to handle, peel shells and cut into half or chop in small pieces.
3. Discard any tough ends of the asparagus spears, wrap a slice of pancetta around middle of a pair of spears. Grill wrapped asparagus until pancetta is crispy.
4. Cut two pieces of bread with a round biscuit cutter, remove the middle and discard edges. Brush both sides of bread with softened butter. Grill bread on each side and set aside.
5. Mix olive oil with lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Place a slice of bread on serving plate, drizzle with lemon/olive oil dressing; top with grilled asparagus and cooked egg.