1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
2 cups canned pumpkin, mashed
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg plus 2 egg yolks, slightly beaten
1 cup half-and-half
¼ cup melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground ginger, optional
¼ tsp. ground allspice
1 piece pre-made pie dough
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Put the thawed pie crust onto the pie pan and pinch the edges to form a decorative pattern. Put the pie shell into the freezer for an hour to firm up. Remove and put a piece of aluminum foil to cover the inside of the shell and fill up with dried beans or pie weights.
3. Bake for 10 minutes, remove foil and pie weights and return to bake for another 10 minutes until crust is dried out and turn slightly brown.
4. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until soft. Add the pumpkin and beat until combined, then add sugar and beat until mixture is combined. Add the eggs, half-and-half, and melted butter, and beat until well. Lastly add in the vanilla, cinnamon, allspice and ginger, if using, and beat until incorporated.
5. Pour the filling into the warm prepared pie crust and bake for about an hour, or until the center is set and not wobbly. Place pie on a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Cut into slices and serve with whipped cream.