2 cups tomato juice
1 large red pepper, quartered, cored and seeds removed
1 large yellow pepper, quartered, cored and seeds removed
1 large eggplant, sliced lengthwise
3 zucchini, sliced lengthwise
1 red onion, thinly sliced
¼ cup raisins
2 Tbsp. tomato paste
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp. powdered gelatin
5 Tbsp. olive oil
1. Broil red and yellow peppers until skins are slighty blackened. Remove and set aside.
2. Arrange eggplant and zuchinni slices on a baking tray. Brush them with a little oil on both sides and cook under the broiler until tender and golden.
3. Heat the remaining olive oil in a frying pan and add onion, raisins and vinegar. Stir and cook gently until onions are soft and raisins has absorbed most of the juices. Remove and let mixture cool.
4. Brush inside of terrrine (or a glass loaf pan) lightly with some oil. Line with plastic wrap and leave a little of wrap hanging over the sides of the terrine.
5. In a saucepan over low heat, add tomato juice and gelatine. Stir to dissolve and remove from heat.
6. Place a layer of peppers in the bottom of the terrine and pour some tomato juice over to cover. Arrange the terrine with a layer of eggplant, zucchini, tomato and raisins mixture, and peppers. Pour a layer of tomato/gelatine mixture after each layer of vegetables. Add the remaining gelatine mixture on top and give the terrine a sharp tap on the table to help settle the juice and compact the vegetables. Cover the terrine and chill well to set.