dried Osmanthus flowers
Adapted from My Kitchen Snippets
180 gms. unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
140 gms. powdered sugar
1 egg yolk (I used 2)
40 gms. corn starch
260 gms. plain flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 tbsp. dried Osmanthus flowers
some yellow food coloring
1 egg, beaten for egg wash
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, sieve all the flours, baking powder and salt together. Set aside
3. Beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy, slowly add in the egg yolk and a few drops of yellow coloring . Beat until mixture is smooth. Add in the dried flowers and mix well. Lower the speed of the mixer and slowly add in the flour mixture until the dough comes together.
4. Transfer dough into a floured work surface. Roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness and cut into desired cookie shapes. Transfer cut cookies onto baking sheet.
5. Brush the top with egg wash and bake until the light brown. Remove to cool on cooling rack, store in airtight container when it is cool.